Derby ends on a draw

SATURDAY, 17 SEPTEMBER 2005, 20:51 - Bacardiboy
Logo Anderlecht-Online

After a disappointing game, Anderlecht have gained one point against FC Brussels. The final result was 1-1. Anderlecht took the lead after an own-goal by Culek, but Brussels were able to score the equaliser with a penalty kick.

The derby started very even between the two sides. Both teams had a few chances. The best opportunity was for Anderlecht after 15 minutes. Bart Goor gave the corner kick, Nenad Jestrovic with the good header, but Haydock was able to remove the ball on the line. Four minutes later, Walter Baseggio almost scored with a good kick.

At half-time, the score was still 0-0. Five minutes after the break, Anderlecht needed a good interference by Silvio Proto. Espartero went straight to the goal, but Proto saved the ball. After 62 minutes, Franky Vercauteren replaced Nenad Jestrovic by Serhat Akin.

A few minutes after the substitution, Proto had to save a great effort by Michal Niçoise. But Anderlecht managed to score first. Besnik Hasi gave the free kick, goalie Nys saved the ball, but via the leg of Culek the ball went into the nets: 0-1.

Ten minutes later, the equaliser was a fact. Proto tried to save a shot by Espartero. He lost the ball and pulled Gorius to the surface. Penalty kick, according to referee Johan Verbist. Werry Sels managed to score the 1-1.

Anderlecht tried to obtain the victory after the equaliser. Vanden Borre, Serhat and Wilhelmsson had some chances, but in vain. The derby ended on a draw, and Anderlecht probably lose their top position in the Jupiler League.

Final Result: 1-1
Goals: 70' Culek 0-1 (own), 79' Sels 1-1 (pen)

FC Brussels: Nijs, Bruno, Colpaert, Petö, Kargbo, Sels, Culek (74' Zaaboub), Espartero, Haydock, Gorius, Selemani (54' Niçoise)
RSC Anderlecht: Proto, Vanden Borre, De Man, Tihinen, Deschacht, Hasi, Baseggio, Goor, Wilhelmsson, Mpenza, Jestrovic (61' Serhat)

Yellow card: 16' Sels (B), 76' Walter Baseggio (A), 85' Alan Haydock (B)

anderlecht-online forum