Brave Anderlecht takes point in spectacular game

MONDAY, 27 SEPTEMBER 2021, 16:42 - lajoya
Anderlecht-Online No Image Found

GAMES Anderlecht can be both satisfied and disappointed after a 2-2 in Ostend. In the first half, the Purple & White got a lesson in efficiency. After 45 minutes it was 2-0 for Ostend while Anderlecht themselves failed to finish a handful of chances. The situation seemed hopeless after the break due to a red card for Kouamé, but Anderlecht played well with one man less and deservedly saved a point via Zirkzee and Raman.

The Purple & White started with conviction on the coast. After four minutes, Amuzu had an open chance to open the score after being cleverly played by Refaelov. As is often the case, however, the winger lacked the necessary coolness in front of goal. Ostend had barely left its own half when Gueye got too much space after seven minutes and scored from far. Anderlecht kept trying and seemed to tie the score via Refaelov, but the VAR called it offside, although questions could be raised about the way the offside line had been drawn. In a subsequent attack, Zirkzee placed the ball against the outside of the post.

Ostend was efficient. Van Crombrugge first saved a hard shot from Ambrose, but in the phase that followed after the corner, Olsson was in dreamland and Gueye was able to double the score. Anderlecht did not lose heart and did not play that bad. In the final phase of the first half, Capon could just stop Refaelov and Zirkzee hit the crossbar. An energetic first half in which Ostend was very efficient and Anderlecht not.

The bad luck continued to haunt Anderlecht. Immediately after the break, Kouamé hit Jakel at the height of the knee and D'hondt gave red. Still a severe decision, which means that the Ivorian will probably miss the match against Bruges. Despite this setback, Zirkzee again had a good chance, but Hubert was quick. The Dutchman was then at the basis of the next chance, but now no one had followed to push the ball into the goal. On the other side, Gueye showed himself again. His shot hit the bar.

Just after the hour, Zirkzee brought Anderlecht to 2-1. A long ball from Harwood-Bellis reached the striker who finished neatly. Hubert had to react quickly a few minutes later to keep Zirkzee from his second goal. Anderlecht continued to create less danger with one man. Van Crombrugge meanwhile kept Gueye from his third goal on a rare breakout from Ostend.

Ten minutes before the end, Anderlecht deservedly equalized. Gomez sent a perfect cross that was cleverly headed in by Raman at the far post. A slalom by Ashimeru deserved more, but the Ghanaian just couldn't reach anyone. Van Crombrugge reacted excellently to a dangerous heel ball from the strong Gueye. Anderlecht kept chasing the victory until the last minute, but Ashimeru missed his shot.

For example, Anderlecht are stuck with a draw and given the circumstances, it is absolutely deserved. Before the break it got a lesson in efficiency, but after the break it was able to double the deficit with one man less and was close to 2-3 a few times. However, we must not forget the missed opportunities before half-time, which could have made the game look completely different.

Score: 2-2
Goal(s): 1-0 Gueye 7', 2-0 Gueye 29', 2-1 Zirkzee 63', 2-2 Raman 81'

Ostend: Hubert, Capon (Medley 77'), Tanghe, Jakel, Ndicka Matam, Amade, D'Arpino, Rocha Santos (Osifo 77'), Batzner (Koziello 90+1'), Gueye (Kvasina), Ambrose
RSC Anderlecht: Van Crombrugge, Murillo, Harwood-Bellis, Hoedt, Gomez, Olsson (Ashimeru 78'), Cullen, Refaelov (Raman 58'), Amuzu (Verschaeren 78'), Kouamé, Zirkzee (Magallan 89')

Yellow: Amuzu 34', Ndicka Matam 36', Tanghe 90+2'
Red: Kouamé 46'

Referee: Lothar D'hondt
Stadium: Diaz Arena

Source: © Internal source

anderlecht-online forum