Kompany: "I take this defeat on me"

MONDAY, 19 AUGUST 2019, 14:26 - lajoya
Logo Anderlecht-Online

INTERVIEWS Player-coach Vincent Kompany reacted honestly after the defeat at Kortrijk. He told Sporza what went wrong (and went well in the first half). "The second half was unacceptable. The boys knew they had to do it and that didn't happen. Then we have to draw conclusions."
 


Kompany found that the game actually summarized the Anderlecht season so far. Anderlecht played a good first half, but it was non-existent after the break. Kompany beat mea culpa and said he takes full responsibility for this defeat to him.

"We dominated the first half and forced opportunities, but after the break there was a lack of creativity and realism," said Kompany. He made the remark that Kortrijk shot four times and that this resulted in four goals. "This does not change the way we work. We continue to work harder and I take this on me," Kompany repeated.

The way Purple-white came out of the dressing room was, according to Kompany, the key moment. "I was super satisfied with the first half, but then there is a throw-in and we easily give away a penalty," the Red Devil continued. Kompany also found that his team had to work extremely hard to creat chances. If that doesn't happen faster, Kompany predicts a difficult season.

"I fully trust the boys, but we're going to have to gain maturity soon," Kompany noted. "In the second half we have lost all the good things of the first half." Kompany said he was not satisfied and that an analysis will follow in combination with hard work to be there in Genk on Friday. "The second half was unacceptable. The boys knew they had to do it and that didn't happen. Then we have to draw conclusions."

Source: © Internal source



anderlecht-online forum